Haraka v0.9.0 is another major milestone in this project’s life. Since 0.8.0 we’ve had dozens of commits from various contributors, all of whom I thank for this release – I barely had to write any code for it!
A full list of changes can be seen on github by looking since the “Bump to 0.8.0” commit.
Here are the highlights:
- Some small fixes for mail parsing
- TLS (via STARTTLS) support for inbound mail (see docs/plugins/tls.md)
- Support for enhanced status codes via the dsn.js module (see docs/CustomReturnCodes.md)
- Cache backend connections for queue/smtp_proxy plugin to reduce load on backend SMTP servers
- Added a lookup_rdns.strict plugin for strict reverse DNS checks
- Added a rcpt_to.blocklist plugin
- Better handling of SIZE capability allowing per-mail SIZE checks.
- Support for AUTH LOGIN in auth/flat_file plugin
- Added a data.rfc5322_header_checks plugin to enforce strict checks on headers
Beyond that there have been a small but important set of bug fixes, none that should affect normal mail delivery, but it is still recommended that everyone upgrades.
You can install via “npm -g install Haraka”. For the source, see the Haraka link in the sidebar.